Sunday, December 16, 2012

Studying for Finals


I have a lot that I need to do to prepare for final exams this semester.  One thing I plan on doing is skimming through the chapters and notes for each class and take notes of information that I feel is important.  If I run into any topics which I could use some improvement, then I will quiz myself and review those subjects the most.  For the classes in which I have received a study guide, I will make flash cards for the information listed.  I think that flashcards are an effective method for studying because if I miss a question on a card, then I can put that card to the side and spend the most time reviewing the answers I am less confident about.  Most of the textbooks have chapter reviews, so that definitely seems like a good choice on how to prepare.   Another possibility is to invite a friend over to my house so that we could help each other study.  There are several ways in which friends can study together.   One way is to make flashcards and quiz each other.   Another option is to read through chapters together and afterwards discuss what the main ideas were.  A fun alternative is to review by playing a game.  I have a friend who created a game in the likeness of Sorry! to study for a math test.  In the game, the different positions and cards would have equations or other sorts of problems that would need to be solved in order to advance further into the game.  I was impressed by my friend’s creativity in creating that game, but since I am running short on time before finals begin this may not be the best option for me.  In all likelihood, I will probably resort to making flashcards, reading through the chapters again, looking through graded homework assignments, and looking at any study guides and notes.  With finals coming up next week, I will definitely be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment