Monday, April 29, 2013

Journal #39: Spring Break


This spring break I stayed in town.  I did not really do too much.  On the Thursday we got out of school, I went with my dad to the Maundy Thursday church service.  On Friday of break, I went to my church to help prepare food for the Easter breakfast that my youth group is in charge of.  On Saturday, my cousins were in town so I went to have dinner with them at Texas Roadhouse.  Then, on Sunday, I arrived at the church again early to prepare and help serve the Easter breakfast.  Not much else happened that day.  My mom cooked a ham for herself and my dad, but I could not have any because I am a vegetarian.  Instead, I just found a few things to eat around the house.  On the following Friday, I went to help my dad at his office.  At some point of time I went to Lincoln Memorial Gardens to walk around the trails and also to see about volunteer opportunities in the future.  As it turned out, my friend was at the gardens too, and I went with her to her house for about an hour or so after we were done with our walk.  She had recently got a new hamster, and it was really interesting watching it run around and nibble on carrots (at least until it accidently bit my finger).  I also took my dog out to the local dog park; he really enjoyed playing with the other dogs that were there and it was a treat for him since we had not gone since before winter.  I was also able to see my brother and his family.  I played scrabble with my nieces and nephews and I also took them outside to see the chickens, which they really enjoyed seeing.  Other than that, I tried to spend time preparing for tests, studying, and reading.  I did not get as much accomplished as I had hoped, but I still did get quite a bit done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment